Link to you Social

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Episode 92: There's examples of bad grammar in Progressive commercials

I started this blog when one ad caught my attention. It was after seeing a commercial from Progressive where a 'shopper' was talking about "Them are Here" that I started paying close attention to Progressive commercials.

I have written five previous columns regarding Progressive.
"A smarter way to shop around."
"How's that atom splitting thing going?"
"We crunch the numbers so you don't have to."
"Progressive gives you lots of choices to choose from."
and the infamous "Them are here" I have even caught more examples on bad grammar in that commercial. I was so distracted by the "them are here" statement that I missed other examples of terrible grammar.

This time it is the "Mission Impossible" scene where Flo drops from the ceiling to deliver an insurance package she says "There's doughnuts in the break room." Either there is one last, lonely doughnut in the break room, or there ARE doughnuts in the break room. Or is it donuts?

The ARE plenty of examples of bad grammar in Progressive commercials. I am on the look-out for my next example of Progressively worse grammar.


No comments:

Post a Comment