Link to you Social

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Episode 63: Choose taste. Choose Flavor.. Choose Better Grammar

I have a lot of fun with this blog poking fun at te advertisers who use poor grammar. Most of my previous entries have focused on ending sentence a preposition with.

This example is one of poor use of words versus poor grammar. You have the sense of smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. You can smell odors, aromas, fragrances. You can taste sweetness, sourness, bitterness, saltiness, and umami. Verb versus Adjective. I could go on and on regarding using the wrong word  when it comes to 'smell-o-vision.' Cooks say "This smells amazing" all the time. The last time I checked, cook foods do not have the sense of smell. Instead they should say "I can smell the fresh herbs, the pepper, the lemon, etc....)

The current case in point is Prego Spaghetti Sauces. They said during a current advertisement: "Choose taste. Choose Prego." It should have been "Choose Flavor. Choose Prego."

I choose home-made sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment