Link to you Social

Friday, October 11, 2013

Episode 74:Popeye's Chicken Advertisement Leaves Me Hungry for Good Grammar

I only pay partial attention to the fast food commercials that air on television. I am a vegetarian and do not go to many of the hamburger or chicken joints during the course of the year. I will visit them from time to time while traveling with my family.

I was watching the news when the station broke for commercials. The advertisement for Popeye's that I saw was promoting the fact that they are bringing back their Dip'n Chick'n to their menu. The spokeswoman for Popeye's said that "this is the one you can scoop up the sauce with." Her speedy and pleasant delivery made me almost missed that she ended her sentence a preposition with.

While visiting their website and found the above plug for the Dip'n Chick'n. Their Dip'n Chick'n is back (to the television, to their restaurants.) Would their chicken be returning as a sequel? Could they say that their "Dip'n Chick'n is available?"

Maybe the name should be Sauce Scoopers?

They could instill a sense of urgency saying "while they last."

No comments:

Post a Comment