Link to you Social

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Episode 82: Gram's Grammar: I attempt to help you speak correctly (right?)

Angie's List has an ad running right now that says "We help you hire right the first time." They last time I checked, Right is not a common name for most people. It is either "We help you hire the right person the first time" or "We help you hire correctly the first time." I don't want to hire a Right or a Left. I want to hire the person with the best reviews.

Angie could also say "Our reviews guide you to the best person available for your needs."

This is not the first grammatical slip-up that I have discovered in the Angie's List commercials. The first commercial that caught my attention was "Reviews you can count on." It was just this past August.

My word to my readers is proof-read your copy before it runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment