Link to you Social

Friday, October 25, 2013

Episode 94: To Better Understand what Grammar is All About

AARP has a Medicare Supplement Plan that offers a guide to "better understand what Medicare is all about." I heard this while I was writing another column regarding ending sentences a preposition with. I know that when I get to that age I will want to know what Medicare will cover. That is all that they had to say: Our MSP guide will explain what Medicare covers and what it doesn't cover. It will also explain what the supplemental plan will cover.

 (Medicare will probably not cover that much because it is currently underfunded for the demand that is being placed upon the system. Check out the Social Security Trustee reports for the past few years to discover the status of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and Social Security Disability Insurance.)

This particular commercial was a bad grammar twofer when they proclaimed that expenses  "can really add up." I realize that "add up" is a common phrase.  Does the website have a calculator to add up the miscellaneous expenses? These uncovered expenses can provide an unpleasant surprise when you can least afford it.

I recommend a pamphlet on improving grammar in advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment