Link to you Social

Friday, September 20, 2013

Episode 55: How is That Grammar Thing going? It's getting Progressive-ly worse.

I thought that I was going to make it through one Progressive commercial without being annoyed by poor grammar or awkward sentences. I posted my first example of poor grammar from Progressive for the "So them are here" line. The next example was when Flo told us that she "gives us lots of choices to choose from."   Progressive's grammar continued to worsen when their commercial  aired the phrase that I referenced in my "Progressive-ly Worse Grammar" column: "We crunch the numbers so you don't have to" .

I thought that I was going to make it through another Progressive advertisement without a grammatical failure, and I was wrong.  Flo utters this sentence during the most recent commercial: "How is that atom splitting thing going?"

How is that Atom Splitting application working?

Do you have that Atom Splitting function working?

Where is Flo going with her advertising? I think that their advertising crew needs to go back to grammar school.

No comments:

Post a Comment