Link to you Social

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Episode 53: A Second Look at Delta's New Ad: Service Below and Comfort Above

I like the concept of the new Delta commercial. They pay homage to the innovators in aviation history: Orville and Wilbur, Amelia, and Buzz. If I were them, I might even give credit during a future commercial to the people who have died during the Space Age, during the Mercury, Apollo, and Space Shuttle Eras. It might be a little dicey honoring catastrophic accidents in space, and it could be very rewarding at the same time. All of these disasters took place during the final days of January and the first days of February.

The latest grammatical disaster I found was heard while I re-watched the Delta ad that was the foundation of Episode 49. They said "instead of looking behind, we are looking ahead." That grammatical gaffe distracted me so much that I missed the second gaffe during the same commercial. They state they they have service below and comfort above." Does that mean that they do not serve you while you are in the air? Does that mean that they don't make the gates comfortable for you? Is their service below standard and their comfort above standard?

We serve you from drop-off to baggage claim.
We look forward to making your next flight memorable.
Innovators empowered us. We empower you.

I wish I got paid to clean-up this grammatical gaffes.

No comments:

Post a Comment