Link to you Social

Monday, September 16, 2013

Episode 51: Verizon: The Grammar You Can Rely On (to provide you service)

Verizon has an interesting advertisement spot that shows a person upgrading his phone whenever he wants. He opens a box, and light and music emit from it. He is asked to stop opening the box during a meeting because the people on the other end of a conference call are receiving feedback from the sound emanating from his Verizon box. They tell us that they have the network you can rely on.

Am I expecting too much for the company whom I have chosen to provide me with my cellular service to have a network upon which I can depend? Am I expecting too much that advertisers will check their ad copy before spending money on running advertising spots?

Verizon: Our Network or their Not-Work
Verizon: Upgrades when you want them. Service where you need it.
Verizon: The Best New Phones and The Most Reliable Connections
Verizon: Smart Phones and Smarter Networks (I know - the modifier is not saying which networks are dumber than Verizon's. It is implied.)

In other words, repeat after me, don't end a sentence a preposition with.

No comments:

Post a Comment