Link to you Social

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Episode 108: Some Movies are Worth Waiting For (Even with Bad Grammar in the Trailer)

"Frozen" is the new Disney Movie that will be screening this Thanksgiving. I have found previous grammatical goof-ups with Disney's "Lab Rats" introduction sequence. I am sure that I could go on and on regarding script errors if I wanted to do so. The trailer for "Frozen" has a scene where the Snowman says to the heroine "Some people are worth melting for."

The sentiment is romantic. They could have Modern English's song "I Melt With You" playing in the background. They could have an atrocious pun "You are worth the weight." How about "Some people are worth a liquid diet?" How about "Some people are worth a crash diet?"

It is important that dialog geared towards youth be grammatically correct. Please don't end sentences a preposition with.


No comments:

Post a Comment