Link to you Social

Monday, December 2, 2013

Episode 128: Driving for twin grammatical trouble

It is not often that I find a commercial that has two grammatical goofs. It is ironic that the commercial in question has identical twins learning to drive their Subaru.

The jy of learning to drive sometimes includes learning to use your turn indicator. This is something that some adults still have not learned how to do. Sometimes they turn the indicator on after they have moved in to my lane as if to say 'thank you,' and others ride their indicator in the turn-only lane and fail to use it when they are are another lane wanting to move into my lane. The Dad, during the commercial tells his first son: "Turn your blinker on." Signal. Let them know that you are pulling out of the driveway. There are so many options other than ending the sentence with a preposition.

I suppose I should cut them a little slack because Mitsubishi used the same line "Turn your blinker on." I commented on this line this past summer.

Son number two is driving and learning the joy of first gear. The father tells him to "feather it out." Slowly release the clutch.

 I hope that you are enjoying this blog. I have enough material to make it through the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment