Link to you Social

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Turn your grammar check on

It is bad enough that the grammar in the commercial is atrocious. It is probably worse that I only remember the commercial and what it was advertising because I wrote down the the offending line and the name of the advertiser. The commercial in question is a Mistsubishi  commercial that includes the line "Turn your blinker on."

 I don't even remember what version of car the commercial was advertising. I learned to drive while living in the State of Wisconsin. We learned to shoulder check our lane changes and to use our 'turn indicators' to let people behind us know what we intend to do. Every now and again the people behind me think that I am giving them permission to accelerate and block my lane change. Every now and again, while living in North Carolina, while traveling on I-40 through Orange county people would ride the 'lane ending' lane for a half mile or a mile, driving at near full highway speed,  with their 'blinkers' flashing, until they ran out of road.

It would be great if more people used their blinkers. If you are in a turn only lane, then you probably don't need to use it. It would be great if advertisers learned how to avoid ending a sentence or a tag-line with a preposition.

I propose: "Be a Thinker and Use Your Blinker."

No comments:

Post a Comment