Link to you Social

Friday, June 14, 2013

I don't speak like everyone; I speak the way I speak.

Imagine placing your business in the hands of the people who cannot edit their commercials properly. Scottrade has an advertisement running right now that ends with the line "I don't trade like everyone else; I trade like me."

Like, for those of you who, like, read this blog from time to time, you know that, like, I don't appreciate misusing the word "like." The first part of that sentence should have been "I don't make the same trades AS everyone else...."

The concluding like is even more problematic.  It is very simple: Don't mix 'persons.' Me, Myself, and I are the choices for the final word. "I trade the way I trade." The final two lines spoken by the actress should be: "I don't make the same trades as everyone else does, I trade the way I trade. I trade with Scottrade.

I guess I'll keep blogging until I run out of material.

No comments:

Post a Comment