Link to you Social

Friday, March 1, 2013

I ordered me a grammar book

I think that Terry Bradshaw is fun as a commentator and that he was awesome as a quarterback. The boy needs grammar lessons for his Nutrasystem commercial. This is another commercial that makes me think "What were the advertisers thinking when they created this spot?"

Terry needed to shed some pounds. He ordered the system. All he had to say was "I picked up the phone and ordered Nutrasystem." Unless he was buying a gift for someone else, and what a dangerous gift that could be, he was ordering it for his own personal use. All he had to say was "I ordered Nutrasystem."  He doesn't need to say "myself" or "me." It is similar to saying "In my personal opinion...." If not your opinion than whose?  Is it an impersonal opinion?

This commercial is a Grama's Grammar two-fer. He says that you can look "purdy like me." It would have been better if he were to have said "as handsome as I do." Is he handsome? That is up for the viewers to decide.

If he were to buy a grammar handbook  he could probably speak as  grammatically correct as my mother does.

No comments:

Post a Comment